What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing in it’s simplest form is when you buy a product, or use a service, you’re given a code. Then you use that code to promote the product (hopefully only if you really like it!) When people use your code or click on your link, you make a small profit on each sale. You could argue that this is the original ‘influencer’ marketing technique! And most bloggers, youtubers, influencers and general people of note have some sort of affiliate marketing deal in place!
The best part is that affiliate marketing is almost passive income. And what I mean by that is that you put a little work up front (like writing a blog post and using pinterest techniques to distribute the info) and then as the blog post circulates more and more people make purchases using your link. So a little work up front equals a long trickle of income. It’s basically how Making Sense of Cents has created her entire blogging empire.
Where do you find an affiliate program?
Well first and foremost you check on my list down below! But the easiest way is to poke around a product or service you like’s webpage until you find their affiliate program! Some companies only have affiliate codes through a third party site, but I would say 60% of companies have an opportunity for you! You can also email the company directly and pitch them! Many companies will send you free product with a discount code in return for a review. You can (and should!) also charge for your worth and even have a commission structure set into your agreement. This would provide you two streams of income for one brand deal!
Some companies require a certain amount of page views or monthly unique visitors to be a part of their program. This is very similar to an ad placement company like Google Adsense and Mediavine. Make sure to check out the requirements before applying to any of the below programs! Good luck!
The masterlist! Here are some of the most popular, and best paying affiliate programs! Go get ’em!
- Amazon Associates Program: Simple sign up, receive approval, and add Amazon affiliate links to your blog/webpage. Once someone make an Amazon purchase based on the links of your website, you will receive the commission. Amazon Affiliate Program is perfect for all types of bloggers looking to promote products they believe in.
- eBay Partner Program: Find products you feel like sharing with your friends. Get paid every month depending on how many purchases are made from your eBay community. Commission rates depend on the category of the item sold. The highest commission is for fashion items and other parts/accessories at 70%.
- Shopify Affiliate Program: Shopify is very popular ecommerce platforms that is easy to use and make starting an online store easy and streamlined. You can earn commission through the Affiliate Program when Shopify users sign up with your referral link ($58 for each sign up).
- TripAdvisor Affiliate Program : Earn between 50-80% commission on revenue generated through shared links. TripAdvisor partners with CJ Affiliate to provide an easy and widely used Affiliate program that allows affiliates to access tools and resources to improve their revenue streams.
- CJ Affiliates: CJ Affiliate partners with major brands, such as TripAdvisor and GoPro. As one of the largest affiliate marketing networks and offer 13 types of currencies for payments.
- Arbonne Affiliate Program: For the beauty gurus and health bloggers, Arbonne offers an amazing line of natural products with an even better affiliate program. Earn profit from personal product sales, cash bonuses, incentives, and reward opportunities. No need to store inventory as Arbonne will ship directly to your customers.
- HubSpot: Make up to $1,000 per product purchases by simply referring HubSpot marketing, sales, and services software products.
- Instagram Affiliate Marketing
- Youtube Partner Program: For Youtubers with over 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 public watch hours, YPP offers access to monetization features, copyright match tools, and Creator Support teams. Earn money by the amount of views your videos receive.
- WIX Affiliate Program: WIX makes it easy for people to create stunning websites. WIX Affiliate Program offers partners $100 for every conversion with unlimited referrals.
- Medium Affiliate Program: Medium is an online publishing company that caters to many different innovative sectors such as technology, design, health, and many more. The Medium Affiliate Program offers contributors a chance to monetize their publications based on the engagement received from other Medium members.
- Google AdSense: Over 2 million people utilize AdSense on their web pages and blogs. Choose the format of ads and where you want to place them on your pages and advertisers will bid on your ad space.
- Gearbest Associate Program: Gearbest sells Chinese electronics and is free to join. Advertise electronics to your network and earn up to 50% in commision.
- GoDaddy; GoDaddy is free to sign up and offers up to 40% in commission. It is geared more to the technology and services industry and a common favorite among website designers.
- Flexoffers: With over 20 million products to choose from, Flexoffers works with big brands such as Macy’s, Travelocity, and Lenovo.
- Clickbank: Clickbank is a top 100 online retailer with over 200 million customers. The Clickbank Affiliate Program is geared towards lifestyle bloggers.
- REI Affiliate Program: REI is the largest outdoor store and has over 2 million customers. For the outdoorsy type, REI Affiliate program offers the chance to earn commision through every redirect from your website or blog.
- Shareasale: Shareasale has over 4,000 merchants listed and have a quick monthly payment cycle if balance is more than $50.
- Viglink Affiliate Program: Viglink is made specifically for bloggers who want a hands-off affiliate program . It provides a dynamic link that changes depending on the content of your blog.
- Skiplagged Rewards Program: Access some of the cheapest flights online, share with your network, and earn money towards your next flight. Perfect rewards program for travel and lifestyle bloggers.
- Rakuten Affiliate Program: Rakuten offers ad rotation and deep linking option which allows affiliates to customize links and optimize ads.
- Skimlinks: Skimlinks is geared towards selling physical items, like fashion and apparel and offers affiliates dynamic links and a hands-off approach.
- Flywheel Referral Program: Flywheel offers professional WordPress hosting for developers and agencies to streamline workflow. Affiliates can earn up to $500 per referral.
- Target: Promote Target products on your webpage and earn up up to 8% on commission.
- Sandals Resorts Affiliate Program: Travel and lifestyle bloggers can earn 4% commission on every trip booked, access dynamic banners, and win free trips and other performance bonuses.